Options Analysis: Moving Forward After Tropical Storm IsaiasLIPA owns the Long Island electric grid and contracts with PSEG Long Island, a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated, to operate the grid on a day-to-day basis. Following PSEG Long Island's failures before, during, and after Tropical Storm Isaias in August 2020, LIPA, as directed by its Board of Trustees, is now seeking organizational and contractual changes, as well as appropriate compensation for the costs unnecessarily incurred to restore electric service to customers.
Reports and Resources
LIPA is dedicated to keeping stakeholders, elected officials, and the public informed about the progress made by LIPA, the Isaias Task Force, and PSEG Long Island after Tropical Storm Isaias. Below is a list of resources, including a timeline, reports, board meeting materials, and more.
- 90-Day Isaias Task Force Report
- November 18: Board Discussion of 90-Day Report from Isaias Task Force
- November 18: Board Discussion of Isaias Storm Scorecard
- November 18: Board Consideration of the Adoption of Recommendations from the Isaias Task Force Reports and the Storm Scorecard Evaluation
- November 18: Full Board Meeting Minutes
- November 18: Full Board Meeting Video
Tropical Storm Isaias Timeline
For a full timeline of events following Tropical Storm Isaias in August 2020 and the actions taken to date, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of frequently asked questions, click here.
Contact the LIPA Board of Trustees
If you are interested in making a public comment related to Tropical Storm Isaias or LIPA's Options to manage utility assets moving forward, click here.