Working together for a more energy-efficient Long Island.
As fossil fuel prices fluctuate and concerns over global climate change increase, alternative technologies like renewable energy to produce electricity have received greater public support. Renewable resources like wind and solar energy offer us a great opportunity to empower ourselves with change that is good for the environment, good for our economy and good for society as a whole.
- Backyard Wind Initiative
- Investing in a wind energy system makes good sense. Wind is an abundant, renewable energy resource that is clean and efficient.
- Geothermal Systems
- Geothermal systems use energy stored in the earth to provide heating, cooling and hot water through a process that’s amazingly simple
- Offshore Wind
- LIPA is a member of the Long Island – New York City Offshore Wind Collaborative. The Collaborative is a bold initiative to help New York reach its clean and renewable energy goals.
- Solar Hot Water Program
- A Solar Hot Water system makes sense if you are a LIPA residential customer that currently heats your water with an electric water heater.
- Solar Pioneer Program
- By using solar energy you will, help protect the environment, reduce your consumption of fossil fuels, lower your monthly bills and save money.