Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
Your home is probably wasting energy. A thorough review of your home will show you how and identify improvements that could give you more comfort and lower your energy costs by 20%.
Step 1 - Eligibility and Contacting LIPA
- Have Central Air Conditioning? lf YES, then Home Performance Direct is for you
- Call us at 877-ESTARLI (378-2754) to determine your eligibility and schedule a Comprehensive Home Audit.
Step 2 - It All Starts with an Audit
Your savings start with a Comprehensive Home Audit (CHA) performed by the participating contractor of your choice, who will assess your home and provide a detailed report with recommendations for money-saving energy efficiency improvements. We’ve done the legwork and developed a network of Building Performance Institute (BPI) accredited contractors.
The audit usually requires one to three hours, after which your contractor will provide a cost estimate to do the improvements. The CHA provides homeowners with the valuable information such as:
- Carbon Monoxide levels and/or moisture problems
- Air infiltration rates / Insulation levels
- Heating / cooling / hot water system efficiency
- Central air conditioning efficiency- if applicable
- Distribution system (ductwork)- if applicable
- Lighting & Major appliances
Step 3 - Save...Before You Save
LIPA can help reduce the cost of your home improvements with rebates toward energy efficiency measures. For the amount not covered by rebates, you’ll probably qualify for low-interest financing with On-Bill Recovery Loan from the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA).
Step 4 - Increase Your Comfort & Reduce Your Bills
Here’s where you get more comfort … and more comfortable with your energy bills. Using the latest advances in building science, your contractor will make the energy efficiency improvements that you’ve selected to enhance your home’s comfort and save you money.