Home Performance Direct
Home Performance DIRECT
Home Performance Direct is a LIPA program designed to assist customers who have a central air conditioning (CAC) system.
LIPA is pleased to announce it has received the 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award for Home Performance with ENERGY STAR - Read more...
We’ll help you reduce overall energy use, save money, and improve the health and comfort of your home. Eligible LIPA customers can participate in this FREE program which includes energy auditing and efficiency services.
LIPA's Home Performance Direct uses only contractors accredited by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) and who participate in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®. They have been trained to conduct a Comprehensive Home Audit (CHA) and recommend solutions for problem areas around the home.
If applicable, the following FREE services will be provided:
- Comprehensive Home Audit
- Installation of compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- A comprehensive list of recommended improvements
- Attic air-sealing and duct-sealing to stop significant drafts
- Estimates for recommended efficiency improvements and referrals for other work not covered by this program
Comprehensive Home Audit
As an eligible participant in Home Performance Direct, you will receive services (if applicable) at no cost to you. You will also be provided with a list of other recommended, cost-effective improvements, some of which may be eligible for financial incentives from either LIPA or other sources. The Comprehensive Home Audit, which may last from one to four hours, will provide you with valuable information about:
- Carbon monoxide levels and/or moisture problems
- Insulation levels, air leaks, and drafts
- Heating and hot water system efficiency
- Central air conditioning efficiency - if applicable
- Distribution system (ductwork) - if applicable
- Learn more about the Comprehensive Home Audit
Additional HPD Information for Homeowners
“The workers were very courteous and seemed dedicated to the work at hand. I live in a community of over 1,000 units, many of which are all electric. If the service I have received so far would be rated, it would be six stars”. Terry R.
“I was so pleased with how my contractors treated me and worked so hard to improve my energy efficiency, that I recommended this LIPA audit to four of my friends. I believe this is such a valuable program and certainly is a timely one when our country is trying to decrease our dependency on fossil fuels and help us become more green. Thank you for the opportunity to take advantage of this wonderful program”. Brenda F.