Tips & Tools
Energy Efficiency Programs for My Home
Energy efficient products will keep your electric costs down in your home and you will be doing your part to preserve the environment. LIPA supports energy efficient programs and products through various rebates and incentives.
LIPA is pleased to announce it has received the 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award for Home Performance with ENERGY STAR - Read more...
- Central Air Conditioning - Cool Homes Program
- Planning a new CAC or heat pump installation, take advantage of the Cool Homes Program. Enjoy the “cool” benefits of energy efficiency, and some cool cash rebates.
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
- Take a step toward a more energy efficient & comfortable home. Home Performance contractors take a “whole-house” approach when testing homes and identifying energy improvements.
- Home Performance Direct
- Designed to assist customers who have a central air conditioning system. Reduce overall energy use, save money, and improve the health and comfort of your home.
- LIPAedge is an energy conservation program created by LIPA to help you get the most out or your energy dollars, while helping Long Island’s electric system operate as efficiently as possible.
- NY ENERGY STAR® Labeled Homes
- Why build a New York ENERGY STAR labeled home? These homes are built to use approximately 30% less energy, provide superior comfort, and are gentler on the environment.
- On-Bill Recovery Loan Program
- If you think you can’t afford energy efficiency improvements, think again. An investment in energy efficiency is now more affordable than ever thanks to the On-Bill Recovery Loan Program.
- Residential Energy Affordability Partnership (REAP)
- REAP is a LIPA program for income-eligible customers designed to help them save energy and lower their electric bills.
Participation in REAP can make your home healthier and safer.
- Refrigerator & Freezer Recycling
- We’ll pay you to recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. We’ll even pick it up, free of charge. By recycling your old appliance, you can save $200 or more a year on your energy bill.
Call the Energy Efficiency Infoline at 1-800-692-2626.