LIPA is offering a discount on ENERGY STAR® certified LED replacement bulbs and fixtures.
ENERGY STAR certified residential LED lighting uses at least 75% less energy and lasts 25 times longer than incandescent lighting.
ENERGY STAR certified LED lighting is a natural fit for cutting-edge renovation, new construction projects, or do-it-yourself upgrades. It provides optimal light color while saving energy and money.
Advantages of LED Lighting
To qualify for ENERGY STAR, LED lighting products must pass a variety of tests to prove that the products will display the following characteristics:
- Brightness is equal to or greater than existing lighting technologies (incandescent or fluorescent) and light is well distributed over the area lighted by the fixture.
- Light output remains constant over time, only decreasing towards the end of the rated lifetime (at least 25,000 hours or 22 years based on use of 3 hours per day).
- Excellent color quality. The shade of white light appears clear and consistent over time.
- Efficiency is as good as or better than fluorescent lighting.
- Light comes on instantly when turned on.
- No flicker when dimmed.
- Manufacturers must provide a 3-year minimum warranty on their ENERGY STAR certified LED fixtures, so their products are guaranteed.
Where to Buy
Discounts offered by LIPA throughout the year at participating retailers. Retailers outside of the LIPA territory (Freeport, Rockville Centre, Greenport) are not included in LIPA markdown programs.
Call the Energy Efficiency Infoline at 1-800-692-2626.