Appliances & Products
ENERGY STAR® Certified Dehumidifiers
New Mail-in Rebate: $40 Mail-in Rebate
Have an old dehumidifier? We'll give you $20 to pick up & recycle it.
Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air, helping to reduce allergy symptoms, musty odors, and condensation. ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifiers have more efficient refrigeration coils, compressors, and fans than conventional models, and they meet or exceed requirements for energy efficiency.
Proper sizing of a dehumidifier is also very important. If the space being dehumidified has temperatures that typically fall below 65 degrees, you may want to consider buying a product that is specified for use at lower temperatures. Some ENERGY STAR certified models are rated for use at temperatures as low as 42 degrees.
Advantages of ENERGY STAR® Certified Dehumidifiers
- ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifiers remove the same amount of moisture from the air as a conventional model but use 15% less energy.
- An ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifier can save consumers about $175 over the lifetime of the unit.
To view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download now
Rebate forms must be postmarked no later then December 31, 2013. Rebate applications postmarked after December 31st will be denied.
- $40 mail-in rebate
- Purchases must be made between 1/1/13 - 12/31/13.
- Rebate for residential customers only (must be on a LIPA residential rate)
- Limit 3 rebates per LIPA residential electric customer account.
- Dehumidifier must be a certified ENERGY STAR dehumidifier
- Download a list of certified dehumidifiers (PDF)
- Download a list of participating retailers (PDF)
- Download, complete and submit mail-in rebate application form (PDF)
Call the Energy Efficiency Infoline at 1-800-692-2626.