Special Customer Services
Critical Care Program
Make Your Plans Now. Call Us.
In unforeseen circumstances or severe weather, electrical outages may occur. If you or a family member rely on life-support equipment, filing a medical certificate from your doctor or local Board of Health with LIPA now is important.
Please let us know about life-support equipment by calling 1-800-490-0025.
To make sure you or a loved one receives special attention
- File a medical certificate with us from a doctor or the local Board of Health
- We will note your account and tag your meter as “Critical Care.”
- When we anticipate a severe storm, we will call you so that you can make advanced preparations.
If an outage does occur...
Every effort will be made to restore your electricity as soon as possible. However, Critical Care does not guarantee priority restoration of service and there may be circumstances when timely restoration is difficult. It is important that you develop a plan now because it is your responsibility to ensure that medical needs are taken care of in the event of a power outage. Learn how to prepare your home & family for an emergency situation.
Devices which meet the medical criteria for life-support equipment
- Apnea Monitor
- Curraise Respirator
- Positive Pressure Respirator
- Suction Machine
- IV Feeding Machine
- Tank Type Respirator
- Hemodialysis Machine
- Rocking Bed Respirator
- Oxygen Concentrator
- IV Medical Infusion Machine
- Additional devices may qualify as life-support equipment if certified by a physician.