Financial Assistance Programs
Sometimes circumstances make it difficult to pay your LIPA bill. We understand, and have collected this information as a guide to make it easier for you to get assistance. If you need help making payments, you may be eligible for benefits from one or more of these programs.
Help is Available:
LIPA’s Consumer Advocates can provide guidance and assistance in applying for various social services programs for customers experiencing financial problems. Si habla espanol, por favor llame al 800-490-0085 en Nassau o Suffolk o Rockaways.
- Household Assistance Rate
- The Household Assistance Rate provides a reduction in the Delivery & System Charges portion of the bill. You may qualify if you receive benefits from certain financial assistance programs
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- As of March 15, 2013 the Regular and Emergency benefit components of the 2012-13 Home Energy Assistance Program have closed.
- Project Warmth
- As of February 28, 2013, the United Way of Long Island has suspended the Project Warmth Program.
- Residential Energy Affordability Partnership (REAP)
REAP is a LIPA program for income-eligible customers designed to help them save energy and lower their electric bills.