Paperless Billing with eBill and My Account
Many LIPA customers are Web users, and instead of a paper bill they would prefer an email notifying them that their bill is ready to be viewed and paid online.
- Email notification that your bill is ready to be viewed and paid online
- Online bill looks just like you regular paper bill
- Easily access your past bills online
Enroll Online for eBill
Stop receiving paper bills today!
Not registered? Register here.
Go Completely Paperless
Combine paperless billing with the automatic payment of DirectPay.
Or the ease of Online Bill Pay for a true paperless experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does LIPA provide a bill notification service, and how does it benefit me?
- Is LIPA going to continue to send me my paper bill?
- If I elect to use paperless billing and view my account online, how do I pay my bill?
- Can I print out the bill statement from the Web and mail in the payment?
- Will I ever get another paper bill from LIPA?
- Am I required to continue the paperless billing service once I sign up?
- How would I cancel my enrollment and return to paper billing?
- Do I need anything special on my computer?
- Will I need to respond to the email notification?
- Does LIPA have any other Web services?
Why does LIPA provide a bill notification
service and how does it benefit me?
Receiving an email notification instead of a paper bill in the mail is easy and requires less time and effort for managing your account. If you couple paperless billing with one of our internet-based bill payment options, paying your LIPA bill will be quick, easy and reliable. It is also environmentally friendly because less paper would be needed to produce our customer bills, which will help save trees and the environment.
Is LIPA going to continue to send me my paper bill?
No. This is merely a notification that your electric bill is ready for you to view online through a secure portal on the LIPA Web site in the “My Account” section.
If I elect to use paperless
and view my account online, how do I pay my bill?
Very simply. LIPA offers bill payment options that allow you to quickly and easily pay your bill. These options include:
- DirectPay, which automatically deducts your monthly payment or Balanced Billing amount from your designated checking or savings account on the day the bill is due
- Online Bill Payment, which creates an online payment by inputting your bank account information and approving payment over the Web
- Finally, you always have the option of printing out the bill image and paying the bill in person at one of LIPA’s Customer Service Centers.
Can I print out the bill statement
from the Web and mail in the payment?
We ask that you do not mail in your payment. The bill image on the Web site does not contain the required bar code for mechanically reading the bill and because of this there is a much higher probability of improperly posting your payment to an incorrect account.
So will I ever get another paper
bill from LIPA?
Yes. If you move outside the LIPA service territory, LIPA will send your final bill in paper form. If your account should ever go into arrears (which we hope never happens), any notice requiring payment, along with the bill will be in paper form.
Am I required to continue the
paperless billing service once I sign up?
No. If after you try the service and decide you would prefer to again receive a paper bill, you can cancel the paperless billing without penalty or cost.
How would I cancel my enrollment
and return to paper billing?
To cancel simply log into My Account and select "de-enroll" from paperless billing. Please note: You may still receive one online bill notification email before you are returned to the paper billing cycle.
Do I need anything special on my
No. All you need is an email account to receive your email notification and an Internet browser to access your Account Information on the LIPA Web site.
Will I need to respond to the
No. The message is for your information and requires no response. However, LIPA does recommend that when you receive the message that you access your account information and decide which payment method to use.
Does LIPA have any other Web
Yes. LIPA offers LIPA e-News, which is a periodic e-newsletter filled with energy saving recommendations, interesting energy related articles, recipes and community event information. LIPA also offers DirectPay, and Online Bill Payment to make bill paying quicker and easier. And for the kids, be sure to check out Louie’s Space – Electric Universe, which contains great electric safety information for the entire family.