The Long Island Power Authority is...
A non-profit municipal electric provider, owns the retail electric transmission and distribution system (T&D) on Long Island and provides electric service to more than 1.1 million customers in Nassau and Suffolk counties and the Rockaway Peninsula in Queens. LIPA is the 2nd largest municipal electric utility in the nation in terms of electric revenue, 3rd largest in terms of customers served, and the 7th largest in terms of electricity delivered. In 2010, LIPA outperformed all other overhead electric utilities in New York State for reduced frequency of service interruptions, and ranked second for shortest duration of service interruptions. LIPA does not provide natural gas service or own any on-island generating assets.
Our mission is to provide highly reliable and economical electric service to our more than 1.1 million customers in Nassau and Suffolk counties and the Rockaway Peninsula in Queens through our valued workforce with a commitment to superior service, accountability and transparency in all of our operations, while being recognized as a leader in the advancement of efficiency and renewable energy.
The Long Island Power Authority strives to be:
- The most reliable overhead electric utility in the state
- The industry leader in the advancement of energy efficiency & renewable energy
- A responsible steward of the environment
- A catalyst for economic development in the region
- Focused on superior customer service
- The best managed electric utility in the state