In May of 1998, the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) became Long Islandís primary electric service provider. Operating as a non-profit entity, LIPA has continued to serve the Islandís growing population with a consistent commitment to cost- containment, efficiency and service reliability.
- Accountability & Transparency
- We are committed to the principles of public disclosure and the transparent reporting of our financial and management information.
- Board of Trustees
- LIPA's Board of Trustees consists of a 14 member panel. Each Board member is individually appointed. Meet the Long Island Power Authority's Board of Trustees.
- Executive Staff
- Operating as a non-profit entity, LIPA serves Long Island with a consistent commitment to cost- containment, efficiency and service reliability. Meet LIPA's Executive Staff.
- Policy & Document Library
- Browse through the Long Island Power Authority's Agreements and Contracts, Applications and Forms, Interconnection Documents and more.
- Powering Long Island
- This section describes the actions LIPA takes to provide a reliable supply of electricity for its customers.
Our Mission is to provide highly reliable and economical electric service through our valued workforce with a commitment to superior customer service, accountability and transparency in all of our operations, while being recognized as a leader in the advancement of efficiency and renewable energy. Read more