Powering Long Island
Electric Resource Plan 2010-2020
On January 31, 2008, LIPA initiated the development of the LIPA Resource Plan. The LIPA Board of Trustees adopted the Electric Resource Plan 2010 – 2020 on February 25, 2010.
LIPA is using the following process to develop the plan:
- Publish a draft outline of the Resource Plan contents.
- Solicit public input on the draft outline.
- Develop a Draft Resource Plan based on the outline and the public input received.
- Hold public hearings on the Draft Resource Plan.
- Revise the plan based on the public hearings and new information that may become available after the preparation of the Draft. Issue a Electric Resource Plan for the consideration by the LIPA Board of Trustees.
LIPA has completed the first four steps of the process and is nearing completion of the fifth step. The draft plan was released on March 18, 2009. Public hearings were held on April 2nd, 6th and 7th. A technical workshop was held on June 15, 2009 at LIPA’s offices. The Draft Electric Resource Plan, hearing presentations and transcripts, and workshop materials are available for download on the Draft Electric Resource Plan 2009-2018 page. A draft of Electric Resource Plan was distributed to the LIPA Board of Trustees at the January 28, 2010 meeting. The Electric Resource Plan was approved by the LIPA Board of Trustees at the February 25, 2010 meeting.
To view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download now
Electric Resource Plan 2010-2020 (PDF)
An updated version of the Electric Resource Plan will be posted once it is approved by the LIPA Board of Trustees. Additional Appendices will be posted as they become available.
- Master Table of Contents (POSTED 3/1/2010)
- Appendix A (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)
- Appendix B – Technical Analysis (POSTED 6/22/2011)
- Appendix C - Energy Primer (POSTED 2/11/2010)
- Appendix D - Response to Comments (POSTED 2/12/2010)
- Appendix E - Technical Appendices
- Appendix E-1: Energy Plan 2004-2013 Status Report (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-2: Energy Plan 2004-2013 Follow-up Studies & Reports (POSTED 2/11/2010)
- Appendix E-2.a: Wholesale / Retail Competition Study (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-2.b: Wave Power Feasibility Study (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-2.c: Northport / Port Jeff Repowering Study (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-2.d: Barrett, Far Rockaway, Shoreham & Wading River Repowering Study (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-3: LIPA & Other Related Web Links (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-4: Long Range Forecast of Energy Requirements (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-5: Energy Planning Process (POSTED 2/11/10)
- Appendix E-6: Transmission and Distribution Planning Guidelines (POSTED 9/24/10)
- Trustee Presentation - February 25, 2010
- Draft Electric Resource Plan 2009-2018
- June 15, 2009 Technical Workshop
- 2009-2018 Plan Development Process
- LIPA Energy Plan 2004-2013
- Local Transmission Owner Planning Process
- LIPA Releases Draft Energy Master Plan; Public Hearings in Nassau and Suffolk to take Place in April - March 24, 2009
- Draft Energy Master Plan Outline Released - January 31, 2008