Wind Energy for Commercial Customers
LIPA’s valuable rebates combined Federal tax incentives make wind energy more affordable than ever. By using Wind Energy and other energy efficient technologies in your commercial building or place of business, you will:
- Help the environment
- Reduce your consumption of fossil fuels
- Lower your monthly bills
- Save money by ‘buying your electricity up front’ for the next 25+ years
- You could qualify for for even further savings!
What is the LIPA Rebate for Commercial Customers?
For current commercial program rebate offerings, please refer to LIPA’s Wind Rebate Customer Application (PDF). Eligible customers may purchase a wind energy system up to 100 kW and 60% of the total installed costs, whichever is less, minus any government grants or subsidies.
Net and Remote Metering
In addition, commercial customers can now qualify for Net Metering and Remote Net Metering which allows farm and non-residential customers with wind, solar or farm waste electric generating equipment at one location to utilize their excess generation to reduce their electric bills on accounts at other locations. Eligible customers must meet the terms and conditions listed in LIPA’s Net Metering Tariff (PDF).
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Commercial Wind Customer Checklist
- How Much Does a Typical Small Wind System Cost?
- Wind Energy Resource Maps
- Commercial Customer Rebates and Forms